For difficulties in making a purchase, please use the contact
button on the home page. Description:
The fabric features pink velvet spots. This is a wonderful fabric with a neutral tan background.
Tapestry carpet bag size is 18 in.long x 7 in. deep and approximately 16 in. high. The bag's
footprint is 7 x 18 in. As these bags are handmade there can be a variation of up to 1/2" in
The carpet bags may once have been carried by Abe or Brett in 1860 but Mary Poppins made them
famous. Our carpet bags are not heavy bags made from old carpet. Our modernized Mary Poppins
bags are made from brocades, chenille and tapestry fabric. Our addition of the casing
and laborious top stitching help to create a tailored and handsome bag that will impress you.
Since it is classified as soft-side luggage, up to two of these bags can be placed inside a
third carpet bag. Quite handy for bringing home all the extras that were purchased on vacation.
Lawyers use these bags for carrying their briefs into the courtroom. Teachers and nurses use
them as going-to-work bags .
Depending on how tightly you pack your bag, most times this soft bag can be hand molded to fit
into any limited or odd-shaped space. Quite handy for the overhead storage on the plane. From
stage coach to jet liner, the carpet bag is a classic ! In addition each bag
1. Is made-to-order and handcrafted in North Carolina. Shipped direct from the artist.
2. Shipped with a detachable and an adjustable shoulder strap
3. Steel doctors bag frame. The dimensions of the gate mouth opening are 8 ½ in. x 16 ½ in.
4. Spring loaded hinges
enable the bag to spring open or pop shut with only a slight hand movement.
5. Leather belt buckle style closure guaranteed not to pop open at inopportune times.
6. Fully lined with generous pockets
7. Brass buckle, rivets, and six bottom studs
8. Brown or black glove leather rope handles. These handles are not “faked” as most bag makers do.
Our handles are truly a length of soft cotton rope that has been completely enclosed by the
glove leather and then sewn closed. (Just like back in the 1800s) These are the most comfortable
and expensive handles that can be used. Unfortunately they are envied. You may see online images
of competitors bags that appear to be using our very own handles. Buyer beware.
9. We modernized the bag by adding a casing to prevent the metal frame from shifting around. The
bags out of history did not use a casing. That is one of the reasons that the historical carpet bag
could be made quickly and sold cheaply to the masses.
10. Hidden hardboard bottom . Not cardboard.
11. Availability: 2-10 days. Bags are made to order.
12. Free shipping for the 48 contiguous states. Shipping to foreign countries ranges from $45 - $60.
13. Tax: will be charged for NC residents at checkout at the rate of 7.25%